05 November 2021
Istiqlál, 03 Qudrat (Power), 178 B.E.
Astral Prospecting on Instagram
Frost on mock strawberry bloom
Marc Bosserman on Instagram and Marc Bosserman Music and Musings on YouTube - Summertime
All religion is basically mystical.
Music and prayer and meditation open the channels to that mystical communion with God.
The Covenant has a mystical source.
Bahá’u’lláh became aware of His station as a Manifestation during a series of dreams while in prison.
Moses, Jesus, Muhammad and all the Prophets were awakened by God in a mystical way.
Bahá’u’lláh clearly explains His relationship with God in a prayer.
Religion allows us to hear the Voice of God 1
The Power of the Covenant
In this day, the power of the Covenant is the magnetic power in the apex of the horizon. This is the power that moves the world of humanity. This is the power that causes the penetration of the words in the hearts. This is the power that ignites the fire of the love of God. This is the power that brings joy and cheer to the souls. 2
Know that no soul is quickened except through the spirit of the Covenant, no eye is illumined except by the light of the Coven- ant, no ear is thrilled except by the melody of the Covenant, and no heart shows forth the divine sentiments except by the bounty of the Covenant. 3
… no power will do away with misunderstanding among the friends except the Covenant and the Testament of God. 4 5
My sister and brother-in-law recently relocated and chose to donate several books in their library rather than move them. Many of these volumes are not well-known, but due to the topics they cover and the manner in which their authors explore them, they warrant a nod of recognition before being sent on their way. Accordingly, most quotes referenced in the “Quoted” section come from these books. Maybe they will stir (or renew) your interest, too.
- Baháʾuʾlláh. Tablets of Baháʼuʼlláh, Revealed after the Kitáb-i-Aqdas. Translated by Habib Taherzadeh. 1st ed. Haifa: Bahá’í World Centre, 1978, 9. https://www.bahai.org/library/authoritative-texts/bahaullah/tablets-bahaullah/2#737981870. [return]
- ‘Abdul-Bahá. “June 20, 1914”. Star of the West, ix, 10, 119. [return]
- ‘Abdul-Bahá. “These are the Teachings which are the Spirit of this Century and the Light of this Age”. Star of the West, x, 12, 226. [return]
- ‘Abdul-Bahá. “Letter to Martha Root”. Star of the West, x, 12, 235. [return]
- Johnson, Lowell. The Eternal Covenant. 1986. 2nd Edition, National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of South Africa, 1989, 4-5. [return]